Jewelry has evolved over the years and today it is worn to suit the occasion. Formal, bridal, trendy, happy, sad,… jewelry can reflect every mood of the person wearing it. It is carefully chosen, giving thought to the occasion and the outcome always has the stamp of the personality of the wearer!
For those who are at a loss at what to wear for the occasion, there are now many bloggers in that space who will provide valuable advice. However, here are some tips on how to choose jewelry for the occasion:
· Statement hoops or studs in the ears are a good accessory for a high or interesting neckline.
· A pendant necklace (chunky or small) looks best over a high necked top.
· For a more casual look, simple jewelry like stud earrings or dainty dangly earrings are fine. These are good for work outfits too.
Choosing jewelry for your outfit
· The focus of every outfit or piece of jewelry should not be itself, but the wearer. Meaning, the wearer should look good overall. Jewelry should not bring the focus to that which the wearer would like to hide like a protruding belly or an oversized bosom. Yes. These are the realities of life! To this end, one should look at the focus of one’s outfit and jewelry after dressing up. If it is satisfactory, then it is fine.
· Match the jewelry to circumstances. Since jewelry is meant to catch the eye, do use it appropriately, especially at work.
· Match jewelry with your skin tone, as well as hair color, and the color of your eyes. For example, silver goes well with fair skin, and gold with matte skin and dark hair. There are a variety of pearls and gemstones too to pick from.
· Do not over accessorize with jewelry. Too much bling is not easy on the eye of the beholder.
A word about Tassel jewelry
Tassel jewelry is a trend nowadays and these swingy adornments can be seen hanging from necklaces, wrist bracelets and earrings of famous stars and fashion gurus. Jewelry companies have their own line of tassel jewelry. The tassels themselves may be threadwork, beads, gemstones, or gold or silver filaments. Tassels also come in silk thread. In threadwork, the colors and contrasting bead work that goes into these tassels is worth studying. There are single chain and layered tassel necklaces.. Tassel necklaces can achieve a dainty look as well as a dramatic look depending on the number and size of tassels. A single tassel at the end of a long chain achieves the former, while a group of oversized black tassels on a gold choker neckpiece can give a dramatic effect.
Pearl Tassel Jewelry
Pearl tassel jewelry is also very popular and have the endorsement and signature of famous jewelry houses like St. Armands, Oscar de la Renta, Cartier and Tiffany’s. They are quite reminiscent of a bygone era and exude sophistication and cool chic.
Caring for your pearl tassel jewelry means taking care of it like how you would normal pearls. Wear them often, as they need your skin’s moisture. Do not store them in plastic and don’t expose them to heat. Keep them clean with water and soap (not detergent).