If you are looking to make your own live succulent necklace using live succulent plants, this article will guide you through the entire process. Well, the process is pretty simple for those who have done this before and have got some experience. And, it should be a simple procedure for fashion-loving women who are creative and curious, and want their necklace to stand out. But for beginners it is going to be a bit tough and tricky as they would be dealing with miniature succulent plants that are tiny and delicate.
However, the good news is that – this article has made the procedure as simple as it could be, and anyone can learn and master the process of making their own live succulent plants necklace. So, let’s get across.
Let’s first make a list of things you need for making your necklace. The description alongside each points below covers the entire procedure, so be sure to read on the texts.
• Mini plant – Choose your preferred succulent plant/succulents/leaves/rosettes. If you are making a cactus plant necklace, be sure to choose your favorite from a range of available terrarium cactus plants.
• Necklace chain – Select your favorite from a range of available necklace chains such as silver, bronze, silver alloy, antique bronze etc. Be sure to choose your preferred length of the chain (usual range: between 20″ and 28″)
• Floral glue – Floral glue is the best. Other hot glues will likely be too bulky for your tiny succulents. Again, there are some floral glue brands that can be very cheap in quality and fail to hold on to the delicate succulents well and fast. So, make sure to use good quality floral glue. Oasis floral glue generally has an edge over other brands its quality and performance. It dries very fast and even a very small amount of the glue can easily hold on to the succulents. Hold the succulents in place for a minute and it’s done.
• Empty Terrarium capsule with accessories such as media mixture – The following points cover the process of making the capsule with succulents.
1. Wet the media mix.
2. Roll the wet media mix to form a ball shape.
3. Squeeze out excess moisture if any.
4. Cut the media into 2 halves, and place each half on each half of the base.
5. Put your plant in the middle of one half and close with the other half.
6. Let it dry for 2-3 days.
7. Close the capsule cover. Now, your terrarium capsule is ready.
Once your capsule and necklace chain are ready, attach both the parts to form your stylish and cute live succulent necklace.